Phillips Law Firm, Inc.
Free Initial Consultation 513-985-2500
ABH Photo


After a judge makes a child support order, either parent may want to change the order. To change the amount of child support you receive or pay, you may have to show that there has been a “change in circumstances” since the last child support order was made. There are many good reasons why a child support order might need to be changed. Some of these reasons are the income of either parent has changed, a parent has lost his or her job, there have been significant changes in how much time the child spends with each parent, the child's needs may have changed and there may be more (or less) costs for child care, health care, or education, and there have been changes in any of the factors that are used to calculate child support, such as who pays for health insurance or child care costs. If the parents can reach an agreement on a new amount of child support, they can ask an attorney to write it up as a stipulation and give it to the judge for signature and to have it become a new order. But if the parents cannot agree on the change, the party requesting the change in child support must file a motion with the court asking for a change (called a "modification"). A motion to modify a child support order is a legal proceeding typically handled by an attorney on your behalf. To protect yourself, even if you have a verbal agreement with the other parent to change the child support amount, you must put it in writing and have a judge sign it. At Phillips Law Firm, Inc., we help parents determine the correct amount of child support based on many factors. If you need help changing the amount of child support you receive or pay, contact us, and we will assist you.
For an initial consultation contact us at (513) 985-2500 or email us at or click Chat Now!® to get started immediately.
  FREE Consultation

Featured Videos
See More Videos   1 2 3 
9521 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
FAX: 513-985-2503