Phillips Law Firm, Inc. has been assisting real estate buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, lenders, borrowers, and brokers with their commercial and residential real estate transactions for over 25 years. From residential real estate to shopping centers and strip malls, we have the experience you need, and we provide the personal service you expect. We have built our reputation serving individuals, businesses, landlords, tenants, and brokers with the purchase, sale, lease, and development of residential and commercial real estate. Our attorneys have given seminars to teach other attorneys and brokers about Ohio real estate transaction laws, environmental laws (such as asbestos and sewage laws), ethical obligations, and landlord-tenant requirements.
We assist clients in all real estate transactions including the following types of real estate matters:
- Leases: We can assist you with all Ohio leases, including commercial leases, ground leases, retail leases, office leases, industrial leases, and residential leases.
- Evictions: A landlord does not make money evicting tenants. A landlord makes money finding tenants that pay. Sometimes, despite the best efforts of the landlord, a tenant simply must be set out. Ohio has adopted the Uniform Landlord Tenant Act, which provides for strict penalties if an eviction is not done correctly. We represent landlords in residential and commercial leases to ensure that you are protected when evicting the problem tenant.
- Purchase and sales agreements: We represent clients in mortgages, land contracts, deeds, purchase and sales negotiations, drafting contracts, real estate closings, and other real estate transactions involving the purchase or sale of a home or business.
- Mortgages and land contracts: We can represent either the lender or the borrower, but not both in the same transaction.
- Foreclosure: We represent banks and individuals when it becomes necessary to foreclose on a property after the mortgage payments are not being made.
- Construction defects: We represent all parties in construction defect litigation, mediation and arbitration, including banks, developers, contractors, subcontractors, and buyers and sellers.
- Estate Planning: We can prepare survivorship deeds, transfer on death affidavits, and assist you in getting real estate transferred to the correct name after the death of a loved one.
Phillips Law Firm, Inc. has been handling real estate cases for over 25 years in the same convenient location for our clients. Your transaction is not too complicated, and your issue is not too complex for us to get the best result for you. We can help you.