After being in a car accident, it is very important that you take care of things that can affect your legal rights and your rights to compensation for your damages. Below is a list of 10 things you should do after being in a car accident.
- Stop. Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Call 911. Police officers will arrive to investigate the accident and ambulances, if necessary, will arrive to provide medical care.
- Get the other Driver’s Information. Ask for the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, license plate number, vehicle information (make, model, year), driver’s license number, VIN, insurance information (company and policy number). Be sure to write everything down.
- Cooperate with the Authorities. When you speak with the police or medical providers, make sure all your statements, and the statements of others are accurate.
- Take Pictures. Take photos of all vehicles and the accident scene.
- Contact your Insurance Company. Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Seek Medical Care. Do not delay treatment if you are injured. You should go to the Emergency Room immediately.
- Do NOT Speak with Anyone from the Other Driver’s Insurance Company. You have no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Keep Records. Keep all of the documents related to the accident, including your medical care and expenses. It is a good idea to keep a diary of your pain and suffering as well.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney. Call Phillips Law Firm, Inc., your trial attorneys at (513) 985-2500. We work for you.
For an initial consultation contact us at (513) 985-2500 or email us at [email protected] or click Chat Now!® to get started immediately.